This layout has been sitting on my desk for a few days with all but the journaling completed. This is another CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration inspired layout (Case File No. 29). Journaling and all. I knew when I saw the Testimony prompts that I wanted to pen some advice to Mia about labels. In my head, I heard a voice sharing advise about not letting her beauty be the label that governs her life. I struggled with how to convey that message because that very sentence, reinforces that label of "pretty". It took a few days and a few tries to come up with something that made my point. She's a bit too young to understand what's written. Someday, it will be there for her.
Evidence used is just about the whole list;
- stripes - on the journal spot behind the picture, found at Marshall's as part of some invitation kit
- rolled paper (inspired by the straws)
- wood/woodgrain - oodles of wood and woodgrain; the pink background, the letter "m" and the stamp behind the white My Minds Eye hexagon paper
- something transparent - the pink seed beads on the top left hand corner near the banner and the pink bauble as the flower center
- use paint and then sand some off of it - I used paint to stamp the woodgrain onto the background. The sanding wasn't so successful but done.
- place something at an angle - the frame and papers behind the picture are all angled
- something with a weathered look - the weathered wood and the chipboard flowers are "weathered"
- a pocket with elements sticking out - I have elements sticking out of the rolled edges, not a pocket. Loosely, the edges could be interpreted as pockets however...
My journaling, testimony in this case, reads;
As you grow up and label yourself and others Mia, be aware of the judgements you make in doing so. Labels can be damaging - they reinforce stereotypes. Don't let labels define you or how you live your life. Grow into your true self, not the label that others will flippantly give you. Combine labels, move among them, don't be constrained by them. Know yourself. Labels determine mere opinion and others expectations. How you impact the world, well, that's all up to you Mia!!
Thus, my jounraling is inspired by the testimony that states; "Write about labels: How do people label you? Or how would you label yourself? Or how would you label someone else/others in your family." I wrote about labels and gave my advise about labels more so than the labels she already has.
I have been very honored to have my layouts on the "Most Wanted" or "On the Watch List" lists over at CSI for a few weeks now! If it's inspirational prompts or ideas you are looking for to inspire your layouts, I can't say enough about the site! Debbi and her ladies truly inspire!