Imaginisce's iBond is the deal of the day over at Scrapbook Steals. What is an iBond you ask? Well, it is a CORDLESS hot glue gun! You know when you are working on a project how incredibly annoying it is to work around the cord? Well fret no more! The iBond is your solution!
You can create your own stencils using the iBond! They are amazing to use on layouts and in art journals!
1. Gather your supplies
- iBond hot glue gun
- iBond glue sticks
- wax paper
2. Turn on iBond and allow it to warm up, approximately 2 minutes.
3. Draw out letters (or shapes) using the iBond onto wax paper. I had a layout in mind so used the word "Dad" underneath the wax paper to trace. Enjoy the freedom of moving the iBond around and NOT being tethered to the cord!!
4. Once the word/shape has cooled, carefully peel it from the wax paper.
NOTE: if you would like a "cleaner" look for your stencil, gently mist with water and you can remove the wax paper residue. As I was going for a grungier look, I was happy with mine as is.
5. Lay on top of the surface you wish to mist and have at it!! I ultimately used two layers of mist.
6. Step back and admire your handiwork!!
After relishing in your amazing creativity, set to work and take it a step further. Like creating that scrapbook layout of the picture of Dad reading to your daughter…
Or an art journal page! Or a canvas! Hmm… Think of the possibilities!
I had a blast creating and playing with these stencils! I hope you do too! Let me know what you did with yours, I'd love to see!