I meant to post this some time ago but needed to edit the YouTube video that accompanies the layout. I mean, why record the videos if you aren't going to edit and voice over them, right?! It's a brief video, very brief. Brief enough that there are only a couple of "ums"! LOL! Those of you who follow me and my journey into YouTube will appreciate this is. I talk like the speed of lightening with this one! I didn't realize there was so much to say!
I have really taken to stamping on my layouts thanks to Cocoa Daisy. While I really love the frames that are in the add on stamp set, I wanted to do something different with them. I thought they would make a nifty header and footer for this 8.5x11 layout. My initial thought had been to stamp with the hot pink Prima stamp that accompanied the kit but nixed that idea in favor of a traditional black. While I want the attention to fall on the picture, the dark of the chocolate cupcakes and our clothing needing balancing thus softening the glaring attention to the photo.
The above YouTube video shows you briefly the stamping process involved in creating the layout as well as the finishing touches.
Isn't that stamp sentiment adorable?! I think it would make a great Valentine's day card, were one to be into that sort of thing. Note the exclusive cut file that arleigh created based on the stamp set!
That teeny, tiny "currently" is also one of the January Cocoa Daisy exclusive stamps. It was part of the sold out Simon Under The Weather Stamp Set. I didn't have any Simon in my stash prior to receiving this stamp set so was thrilled to welcome Simon into my home! I have stamped a number of Simon's on various bits of paper but have yet to find a creative project that he feels at home on! Stay tuned!
What you don't see in the video is how I literally just layered trimmed 6x6 exclusive papers from the DITL kit wtih the 4x6 card (3 pieces total!) and two die cuts for the photo base. Simple! Clean and simple! The stamping really show cases the layout and tones down the business of the marbled "frame" around the white background.
And there you have it folks! I hope you enjoyed seeing my process and that perhaps you might see your stamps in a new light and think about using bits of them to aide the whole!